Important Notice to Newton Food Establishments
Attention all Newton and Andover food establishments effected by yesterday's water main break. Please be advised that repairs to the Newton water system have been completed. Water service should be restored to your establishment within the next few hours. In order for you to resume full operation the following requirements must be met.
- Once water is restored to your food establishment, it can only be used for washing utensils, general cleaning, hand washing and flushing of toilets.
- Standard wash-rinse-sanitize procedures as outlined in New Jersey State Sanitary Code, Chapter 24 must be followed.
- NO food preparation may be done with Newton water at this time.
- Only bottled water may be used for the preparation of any food items until the Newton Water has been tested and the laboratory results meet the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's drinking water quality standards. While establishments are using bottled water for food preparation they must post a sign stating, "Bottled Water In Use for All Food Preparation."
- Only upon notification by the Newton water department, of satisfactory biological testing results, can water obtained directly from faucets be used for the preparation of food items.
If you have any questions please contact the Sussex County Division of Health during normal business hours at 973-579-0370.