Sussex County Skylands Ride Grievance Procedure
All customers and/or representatives receiving services through Sussex County Skylands Ride are entitled to redress of grievances without fear of retaliation or endangerment of their eligibility to receive services.
All complaints and grievances are recorded in writing via an Incident Report.
- Customer or representative brings grievance to Supervising Omnibus Operator. If the issue is resolved, no further action is taken.
- If the issue is not resolved by the Supervising Omnibus Operator, the customer is referred to the Program Coordinator for resolution. If resolved, no further action is taken.
- If the customer feels the issue remains unresolved, s/he is referred to the Division Director, who investigates the concern and takes appropriate action.
- Any customer or representative who feels that his/her problems/issues have not been resolved may submit their grievance to the Administrator of the Sussex County Department of Human Services (address below), who will provide a written response within ten (10) business days. Title VI discrimination complaints should be filed with the Director of Administration, County of Sussex, (address below) who will present recommendations to the Administrator of the Sussex County Department of Human Services, including proposed corrections actions for any complaint deemed valid.
Carol A. Novrit, Administrator
County of Sussex Department of Human Services
One Spring St.
Newton, NJ 07860
- All actions are recorded in writing either on or attached to the Incident Report.
- Within ten (10) business days of receiving the written response from the Administrator of the Sussex County Department of Human Services, the customer or representative may request a review of the decision by the appropriate office at the State of New Jersey. For services provided under the Older Americans Act and through the Sussex County Division of Senior Services, review requests are submitted in writing to the Assistant Commissioner, NJ Division of Aging and Community Services, PO Box 807, Trenton, NJ 08625-0807. Discrimination complaints are submitted to the New Jersey Division of Civil Rights, 31 Clinton St., 1st Floor, Newark, NJ 07102.
- The alleging customer or his/her representative may appeal any decision within 30 days of notification. Appeals should be directed to the Administrator of the Sussex County Department of Human Services, who will respond within 30 days