Sussex County Division of Senior Services
One Spring Street, 2nd Floor
Newton, NJ 07860
(973) 579-0555 Fax: (973) 579-0550
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Your Doorway to Information & Assistance
What is my ADRC?
The Sussex County Division of Senior Services, also known as an "Area Agency on Aging" as mandated by the federal government under the Older Americans Act, is your connection to services and programs designed to support seniors' independence and quality of life. We are an Aging & Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) site. Call 1-877-222-3737 (Statewide Toll Free).
The New Jersey Departments of Health and Senior Services and Human Services and their federal, state and county partners are working together to better coordinate services for seniors and persons with disabilities who are 18 years of age and older.
This new statewide system is called the Aging & Disability Resource Connection CADRC) because it helps connect people with the services they need to continue living independently in the community for as long as possible. Your ADRC is administered locally by the 21 County Offices on Aging.
ADRC is your doorway to information and assistance. If you or someone you know needs long-term services and supports in the community to maintain their independence, make the connection and contact the ADRC near you.
What does my ADRC do?
Your ADRC helps seniors and persons with disabilities age 18 and older, regardless of income, and their caregivers find out what's available and access services quickly.
What can I find at my ADRC?
Your ADRC is the best way for you to find out about:
- Home and community-based services to help you remain active and independent.
- Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance options.
- Planning for your care needs now and for the future.
- Housing and transportation options.
- Caregiver assistance and supports.
- Health promotion and disease prevention services.
- Work and volunteer opportunities.
- Much, much more.
What does my ADRC provide?
- Easy access to supportive services through one nationwide toll-free number: 1-877-222-3737.
- Staff trained to help you choose how, when, where and by whom your personal care services can be delivered.
- An improved eligibility process that includes screening and in-home assessment for home and community-based services.
- 24-hour access to information and resources through the ADRC website at www.adrcnj.org .