*** UPDATE: Notification to septic and well contractors and engineers ***
Top Four Things You Can Do To Protect Your Septic System
- Inspect and pump your system every three years.
- Use water efficiently.
- Don't dispose of nonbiodegradable items or household hazardous wastes in sinks or toilets.
- Care for your drainfield.
*From A Homeowner's Guide to Septic Systems
Resources for Consumers
- Search online for a copy of your Septic plans
- Request a copy of your Septic plans (Choose Division of Health)
- A Homeowner's Guide to Septic Systems
- Septic Systems 101
- NJDEP Onsite Wastewater Management Program
- US EPA Septic (Onsite) Systems
- Clean Water NJ
- Sussex County Wastewater Management Plan Update
- DEP Septic Management Brochure (So you need a septic management plan?)
- (973) 579-0370
- (973) 579-0399 (FAX)