By virtue of a request from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection for information to support the Sussex County application for Plan Endorsement, the natural resource studies undertaken by the County as part of the Strategic Growth Plan and the Open Space and Recreation Plan are also separately constituted as a Natural Resources Inventory. This document will provide a stand-alone discussion of natural resource issues that affect development, conservation, and the economic vitality of Sussex County.
- Natural Resources Inventory (PDF, 7MB) Complete document
Download individual sections below...
- Introduction, Location (PDF, 10KB)
- Geology (PDF, 717KB)
- Economic Resources (PDF, 10KB)
- Water Resources (PDF, 1MB)
- Groundwater (PDF, 737KB)
- Land Use (PDF, 2MB)
- Agriculture (PDF, 1MB)
- Urban Land/Barren Land/Water (PDF, 825KB)
- Steep Slopes (PDF, 841KB)
- Threatened and Endangered Species (PDF, 1.9MB)
- Function of the Natural Resources Inventory (PDF, 13KB)
- Aquifer Recharge (PDF, 10KB)
- Topography (PDF, 19KB)
- Forests (PDF, 13KB)
The Division is located on the third floor of the Sussex County Administrative Center, One Spring Street, Newton, N.J. 07860. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We can be contacted by telephone at (973) 579-0500 or by e-mail at email@example.com.