Celebrate National Public Health Week 2019
National Public Health Week is April 1-7, 2019
The Sussex County Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Health and Office of Public Health Nursing invites you to join the American Public Health Association (APHA) in celebrating National Public Health Week during the week of April 1, 2019.
The theme for the 2019 National Public Health Week is "Creating the Healthiest Nation: For science. For action. For health." During this week, we will be celebrating the power of prevention, advocacy, policy and partnerships. Everyone deserves to live a long and healthy life in a safe environment. By working together, we can build healthier communities and the healthiest nation!
Each day during National Public Health Week 2019 features a different topic. These areas are key to creating the healthiest nation:
- Monday, April 1: Healthy Communities
- Where we live, learn, work, worship and play contributes to our health and wellbeing.
- Tuesday, April 2: Violence Prevention
- Creating safe, stable and nurturing environments can help to prevent abuse, neglect, gun-related incidences and other types of violence.
- Wednesday, April 3: Rural Health
- Rural communities may face health disparities and social factors that can negatively affect health.
- Thursday, April 4: Technology & Public Health
- Current technologies, such as social media tools, mapping and mobile apps, are quickly changing public health in positive ways.
- Friday, April 5: Climate Change
- Climate change, in the form of natural disasters, water and air quality and vector-borne diseases, seriously impacts health and wellbeing.
- Saturday, April 6 and Sunday, April 7: Global Health
- Our nation's health and the world's health are connected, meaning that global efforts to ensure wellbeing are crucial.
Find out more about the week's topics and how to become involved in creating the healthiest nation by visiting http://www.nphw.org/nphw-2019/fact-sheets .
The Division of Health serves as Sussex County's local public health department and has made it our mission to protect, promote, maintain and improve the health and quality of life for our community through a responsive, well-managed and organized effort. Visit www.sussex.nj.us/health for more information about available public health services.