Advisory Council to the Sussex County
Division of Senior Services/Area Agency on Aging
All Advisory Council (Council) meetings will be held on Thursdays from 9-10 a.m. in the Village Café at Knoll Heights Village , Sparta, unless otherwise indicated.
Meeting dates for calendar year 2017:
meeting at noon, (note time change in meeting)
followed by annual public hearing at 1:30 p.m.
(attendance is required) * meeting will be held at the
Sparta Senior Center, Trapasso Drive, Sparta.
August no meeting
The Advisory Council to the Sussex County Division of Senior Services, hereinafter referred to as the "Council" acts in an advisory capacity to the Director of the Sussex County Division of Senior Services, the Department Head for the Sussex County Department of Health and Human Services and the Board of Chosen Freeholders on all matters relating to older adults in Sussex County. The Council shall advocate on behalf of older adults by informing other organizations, public officials and the community at large about available resources to the older adults in Sussex County.
The responsibilities of the Council include:
- To advise and assist in the development and implementation of the annual Area Plan;
- To assist and participate in the annual public hearing process; and
- To monitor programs and services that may impact older residents; and
- To provide and disseminate information about resources and services available to older residents, their families and the caregivers relative to the field of aging; and
- To identify unmet needs of older residents, their families and their caregivers, such as health, transportation, education regarding Medicare, recreation, nutrition, employment and housing; and
- To review and comment on all community policies, programs, and actions which affect older persons
For more information on the Council please contact Diane Friedberg at (973) 579-0555 ext. 1222 or email@example.com.