"The county website should include comprehensive budget information."
On the top menu, hover your mouse over County Government, Board of Freeholders, then choose the County Budget
"Typically, open meeting laws include provisions mandating that governments give advance notice to the public of when and where its meetings will be held"
Sussex County Upcoming Meetings
"Websites sponsored by the government should include information about who serves on the governing board"
- Sussex County Elected Officials
- Other Elected Representatives including Federal, State and Municipal Officials are listed in the
Official County Directory
"An administrative official is a person that is either hired or appointed to work for a particular unit of government."
Sussex County Administrator
Issuance of building permits and zoning information are handled by the Municipalities. To visit your Municipality's web site, hover your mouse over Municipalities on the top menu.
"Audit results should be posted online"
On the top menu, hover your mouse over County Government/Board of Freeholders, then choose the County Audit.
Public Records available online.
Request Information under the Open Public Records Act (OPRA).
In 2013 the Clerk of the Board's Office satisfied the following public records requests:
- Total OPRA requests received for 2013 (core County Government) – 135.
- Total OPRA requests meeting compliance – 100% of the total 135.
- Average time required for compliance – four (4) days.
- As of the writing of this response, the County is not being sued for failure to provide public documents.
- As of the writing of this response, the County is not being ordered by a Judge to provide documents.
"Government websites should include information about all taxes levied by the government whose website it is, and information on how to appeal property tax assessments, if the unit of government is partially funded by property taxes."
*The County of Sussex has no input to, or control over, the veracity or timeliness of the information presented