YELLOW FRAME PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (2008)
"In 1887, bordering "The Great Road" (Rt. 94) where Warren and Sussex Counties meet at an elevation 880 feet, a church and manse were erected as the third location of this Presbyterian congregation, built in the Victorian Queen Anne style by Simeon Cooke of Newton. In 1750 the congregation began in a log church one mile southeast of here. Land was eventually purchased and a second church built in 1786 on this ridge between two valleys. In 1889 this yellow church was incorporated in Sussex County under its present name."
Located just off Route 94 North at the border of Sussex and Warren Counties, this marker is located on the lawn of the church grounds. The marker commemorates the history of the church and its role in the history of Sussex County. This marker was placed in 2008.
Photo courtesy of Cheryl Delea