Commercial Contracting Businesses
Small Hauler Interviews
Exempt Self Generator Solid Waste Transporters
The Sussex County Department of Environmental and Public Health Services is pleased to assist you in completing the initial registration application also known as the Small Hauler Interview.
Interviews are by appointment only. Please contact our Office at 973-579-0370 to request an appointment. Interviews last approximately 30 minutes. Our apologies, but walk-ins cannot be accommodated.
The application and related paperwork will be provided by this office; however you will need to bring the following with you to the interview:
- Motor vehicle registration card for each Commercial vehicle or trailer that will be used to haul solid waste.
- New home builders must bring their Builder Registration card issued by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs.
- Home improvement contractors must bring their Contractor Registration card issued by the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs.
- Demolition contractors must bring a copy of their Certificate of Liability Insurance.
- Federal Employee ID #, if applicable
- MONEY ORDER in the amount of $50.00 payable to the Sussex County EQEF.
- A New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Hauler Registration Fee made payable to the Treasurer, State of New Jersey. The amount of this fee will be based upon the number of vehicles, trailers and containers to be registered.
Please note that the State requires a CERTIFIED CHECK or MONEY ORDER;
We cannot accept cash, personal or business checks.
The applicant who is to be interviewed must have complete knowledge of the business operations and proof of their authority to sign official documents on behalf of the business. If you have any questions please call SCDEPHS at 973-579-0370 or you may contact the NJDEP directly at 609-292-7081.