State of NJ, Department of Education
262 White Lake Road
Sparta, NJ 07871
The role of the office of the County Superintendent of Schools is to serve as the liaison agency between the local districts of the county and the New Jersey Department of Education in Trenton.
The County Superintendent's office:
- visits and examines, from time to time, all aspects of the schools under his general supervision and exercises general supervision over them in accordance with rules prescribed by the State Board of Education
- serves as an educational resource for the county
- serves as the "arm" of the Commissioner of Education in the county
- processes teacher certification to Trenton for issuance of license
The office is staffed by the following persons:
- Executive County Superintendent - Rosalie S. Lamonte, Ph.D.
- County School Business Administrator - Neil K. Cramer
- Education Program Development Specialist Consultant - Stephen Goldman
- County Supervisor of Child Study - Melissa Pearce
The office is located on the campus of Sussex County Technical High School and is open from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.