The Sussex County Disability Services Advisory Council Seeks New Members
The Disability Services Advisory Council (DSAC), under the Department of Human Services, Division of Community and Youth Services, is currently seeking new members. DSAC serves as an advisory board to the Sussex County Board of Chosen Freeholders regarding issues and concerns impacting county residents with disabilities and their loved ones. As a member of DSAC, you will be able to:
- Share your own unique perspective
- Demonstrate commitment to the community in promoting equality and opportunity for all
- Advocate for increased awareness, services, education and accessibility within Sussex County in the area of disabilities
- Receive up to date information on resources and programs, including the operations of the state legislature
- Face tough issues TOGETHER!
DSAC meeting dates for 2016 are as follows:
- March 14th
- May 9th
- July 11th
- September 12th
- November 14th
The meetings are held from noon to 1 p.m. at the Sussex County Administrative Center, One Spring Street, Newton, NJ 07860 in the third floor conference room. For more information on DSAC or how to become a member, please contact Elizabeth Larsen at 973-940-5200 ext. 1261 or email@example.com.
"There is no greater disability in society, than the inability to see the person as more." -Robert M. Hensel