2017 County Transportation Project Tour
The Department of Engineering and Planning is responsible for 447 bridges and 310 miles of roads throughout Sussex County. On April 11 three Freeholders joined staff from the department to tour fourteen active and planned construction sites, stopping at six bridges.
Sussex County Skylands Ride provided the transportation for the 2017 tour
Bridge C-17, Byram, carries Roseville Road over the Lackawanna cutoff. The original bridge was built in 1911.
At Bridge C-17, Assistant County Engineer Matt Sinke explains the project.
At bridge C-17 - Freeholders Crabb, Rose, Lazzaro with Rick Grossman, lead construction inspector and acting County Administrator Ron Tappan.
Bridge O-07, Ogdensburg, carries Passaic Street over the Wallkill River. The original bridge was built in 1928.
At Bridge O-07, County Engineer Bill Koppenaal, center, describes the project.
Bridge X-09, Wantage, carries County Route 565, aka Compton Road, over the Papakating Creek. The original bridge was built in 1929.
Bridge D-21, Frankford, carries Armstrong Road over a branch of the Papakating Creek.
Bridge L-10, Lafayette, carries Decker Road over a branch of the Paulins Kill. Freeholder Lazzaro inspects deterioration of bridge L-10.
At Bridge L-10 - L-R Freeholder Crabb, Assistant County Engineer Matt Sinke, County Engineer Bill Koppenaal, Freeholder Rose.
Freeholders Rose, Crabb and Lazzaro on tour.