Celebrate National Public Health Week 2018
Sussex County Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Health encourages you to join the American Public Health Association (APHA) in celebrating the annual event for National Public Health Week during the week of April 2, 2018.
National Public Health Week's (NPHW) theme for 2018 is, "Healthiest Nation 2030: Changing Our Future Together." As per the American Public Health Association, NPHW is focused on inspiring participation in the growing movement to create the healthiest nation in one generation. While celebrating the power of prevention, promoting advocacy for healthy and fair policies, sharing strategies for successful partnerships, and championing the role of a strong public health system.
Throughout National Public Health Week of 2018 the focus will be on the themes listed below:
- Monday, April 2: Behavioral Health
- Advocate for and promote well-being
- Tuesday, April 3: Communicable Diseases
- Learn about ways to prevent disease transmission
- Wednesday, April 4: Environmental Health
- Help to protect and maintain a healthy planet
- Thursday, April 5: Injury and Violence Prevention
- Learn about the effects of injury and violence on health
- Friday, April 6: Ensuring the Right to Health
- Advocate for everyone's right to a healthy life
In addition, U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adam will kick off the #NPHW event with a speech on April 2. To view please register at http://www.nphw.org/events/nphw-forum . For more information on National Public Health Week visit http://www.nphw.org/nphw-2018 .
The Division of Health serves as Sussex County's local public health department and has made it our mission to protect, promote, maintain and improve the health and quality of life for our citizens and visitors through a responsive, well managed, organized community effort. Visit the website, at www.sussex.nj.us/health for more information on the available public health services.