Back to Article List
Tips for Flu Prevention
Release Date: October 18, 2004
What else can you do to prevent the spread of flu?
There are certain good health habits that can help prevent the spread of flu.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from other to protect them from getting sick too.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose of the tissue afterward.
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Wash your hands after you cough or sneeze with soap and warm water, or an alcohol-based hand cleaner.
- If you get the flu, stay home from work or school. You will help prevent others from catching your illness.
For more information, visit
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, or
New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services