Sussex County Sheriff's Office participates in County-Wide Drug Disposal
Sheriff Michael F. Strada has announced that the Sussex County Sheriff's Office will be participating in the Sussex County Prescription Drug Disposal Day in cooperation with the Center for Prevention & Counseling , the Andover Township Police Department, Byram Township Police, Franklin Police, Hardyston Police, Hopatcong Police, Newton Police, the Sparta Township Police Department, the Vernon Township Police Department, the Sussex County Prosecutor's Office, and the New Jersey State Police.
Unused or outdated prescription drugs will be collected by Sheriff's Officers posted at the Sussex Borough A&P on Saturday, April 28, 2012, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The A&P is located at 455 Route 23 North in Sussex Borough.
There will be additional collection points at the following locations during those hours
- Andover Township Police Department
- Byram Shop-Rite (Rt. 206)
- Franklin Borough Police Department
- Hardyston Municipal Building
- Medicine Shoppe (50 Hopatchung Rd, Hopatcong)
- Montague Shop-Rite (Rt. 23/Tristate Mall)
- Newton Shop Rite (Rt. 206)
- Sparta Police Department
- Vernon A&P (Rt. 515)
Residents are encouraged to bring all unused or expired over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription drugs for safe disposal such as:
- drugs that did not work for you, a family member, or pet
- drugs that are no longer used or from deceased family members
- unknown tablets or capsules
For more information, please contact the Center for Prevention & Counseling at 973.383.4787.