National Health Education Week 2010
Since 1995, National Health Education Week (NHEW) has been celebrated during the third week of October. This celebration focuses national attention on a major public health issue and promotes consumers' understanding of the role of health education in promoting the public's health.
This year the event will take place from October 17-23. The theme for this year is "A Tobacco Free Nation Through Health Education," and each day will focus on a different aspect of tobacco prevention and control:
- Monday: Tobacco Prevention at a Community Level
- Tuesday: Innovative Approaches to Tobacco Cessation: What's Working & With Whom?
- Wednesday: Tobacco & Health Disparities
- Thursday: Preventing Tobacco use among Youth
- Friday: Global Trends in Tobacco Adoption and Marketing
For more information, visit The Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE) website, at http://www.sophe.org.