Sussex County Office of Mosquito Control is
Buzzing about Personal Protection
The Sussex County Office of Mosquito Control uses an Integrated Pest Management approach to controlling mosquitoes. It starts with the philosophy that a multi-faceted prevention and control plan is the most effective and efficient means of controlling mosquito populations. The
Office of Mosquito Control wants to remind you to protect yourself from mosquitoes this summer.
Personal Protection Measure
- Eliminate all sources of standing water that can support mosquito breeding, for example flooded pastures, clogged gutters, birdbaths, watering troughs, old tires and any other water holding receptacle.
- Avoid mosquito-infested areas at dusk and dawn, when mosquitoes are most active.
- Wear protective clothing such as long pants and long sleeve shirts when you are outdoors.
- Wear insect repellant, preferably one that contains DEET, Picaridin or oil of lemon eucalyptus. Always follow label directions.
- Make sure that doors and windows have tight-fitting screens. Repair or replace screens that have tears or holes.
For more information please visit www.sussex.nj.us/mosquito or call (973) 948-4545