Superintendent of Schools

Superintendent of Schools

How do I become a substitute teacher?

Please visit the NJDOE Certification and Induction website at http://www.state.nj.us/education/educators/license/

On that page you will see a list along the left side that answers other questions regarding certification. You will also find a button towards the top right titled Substitutes which explains all of the credentials necessary to teach as a substitute.

What should I do when I have a complaint or concern about my child’s school, program, transportation, teacher or administrator, or my local Board of Education or my local Superintendent?

The first step in resolving complaints or concerns is to contact your local school district. Depending on the nature of your concern, you should first call the school Principal, guidance counselor, teacher or director of special education. If you are unable to have a resolution to your concern at the school level, then you should contact the Office of the Superintendent.

If your concern or complaint has to do with the Board of Education or Superintendent you should always contact the District Superintendent first.

When parents or community members call the county office we ask them if they have followed the protocol stated above. If they have not, we ask them to first contact the school or the school district to try to resolve any complaint or concern. We do not directly resolve the public’s complaints and/or concerns. Out of professional courtesy and appropriate procedures we refer all of these matters to the school district to provide them with the opportunity to resolve the issue before there is any involvement by the county office staff.

I have questions on taking the General Educational Development (GED) and obtaining my New Jersey State-Issued High School Diploma.

Please visit http://www.nj.gov/education/students/adulted/faq/ for assistance.

©2018 Sussex County
View Full Website